Olam Specialty Coffee has a voice! Well, we’ve always had a voice, but now we’re recording it. Introducing The Exchange, a podcast presented by Olam Specialty Coffee and hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey. In episode one, Mark and Todd talk about discipline and best practices around buying green coffee. Rob Stephen drops by (uninvited) to talk about contracts that are “subject to approval of sample.”
The episode one conversation includes:
- How old was Todd when Mark started roasting?
- Buying too much coffee (and then what?).
- Total costs beyond price per pound.
- The value of running out of coffee.
- Changes to spot buying in recent years.
- Patience and the pressure to Buy Now!
- Eating until you’re 80% full.
- Doing what you say you’re going to do.
- Communication and calibration with your trader.
- Mark’s $21,000 mistake.
- Cupping scores, the meaningful and the marketing.
- SAS contracts, how to use them and how not to use them.
- Timely decision making.
- Trader’s as used car salespeople.
Just hit the play button below and welcome to The Exchange!
Also Available on iTunes
The Exchange is Presented by Olam Specialty Coffee
Hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey
Produced by Mike Ferguson
Guest Segment, Rob Stephen
All music is available and used under Creative Commons*:
Opening Theme, Strong Black Coffee by Jared Mees and the Grown Children *CC BY-NC 3.0
Closing Theme, I’m Going for a Coffee by Lee Rosevere *CC BY 4.0
Rob’s Segment Theme, Cup of Coffee and a Piece of Pie by The Ribeye Brothers *CC BY-NC 3.0
Talk to us!