Welcome back to The Exchange, presented by Olam Specialty Coffee. hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey. This is Episode 2 and the first of two episodes on coffee blending. The conversation includes:
- Why we blend.
- Basic approaches to blending.
- Where blending actually starts.
- Relationship of blending to branding.
- What blending should not be.
- What coffee drinkers want.
- Iconic blends.
- Marketing vs. components.
- Two types of coffee drinkers.
- The value of consistency.
- What wholesale customers want.
- How many products and how many blends?
- Blends and grocery history.
- Bratty, edgy, interesting, dynamic, needy coffee vs. approachable and flexible, clutch-player blends.
- Session beers.
- Bruce Springsteen.
Also Available on iTunes
The Exchange is Presented by Olam Specialty Coffee
Hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey
Directed by Mike Ferguson
All music is available and used under Creative Commons:
Opening Theme, A Cup of Coffee for Your Fears by Veve Seashore
Closing Theme, City Riding: Morning Coffee by Bottlesmoker
Talk to us!