Welcome back to The Exchange, presented by Olam Specialty Coffee, hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey. This is Episode 6 and the second of two episodes on Quality Assurance and cupping for coffee roasters. The conversation includes:
- What’s in your cup … or glass … or can?
- The two crucial roles of Quality Assurance in roasting.
- Everybody starts somewhere.
- There is no best, target not target.
- Where do you start? Basic lab.
- The roaster and the grinder.
- Make sure your sample roaster is right for you.
- Sample roaster should mimic production roaster.
- Workhorse grinder.
- Cupping forms.
- Water treatment.
- Making cupping a priority as a critical, multi-use tool.
- Start simple. Easy. Clean. Inviting.
- Romantic data.
- When and why to cup.
Also Avaiable on iTunes
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST IF YOU’RE AN ITUNES USER AND/OR FOLLOW OUR PODCAST ON SOUNDCLOUD
The Exchange is Presented by Olam Specialty Coffee
Hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey
Directed by Mike Ferguson
All music is available and used under Creative Commons:
Opening Theme, Coffee After Six by Crete Boom cc-nd cc-nc cc-by
Closing Theme, 7th Coffee at 5 am by Tomasz Werbicki cc-nd cc-nc cc-by
Note: I must retract my brag at the close of the episode, that I found two songs about drinking coffee late in the day. It turns out Mr. Werbicki’s instrumental piece is actually titled 7th Coffee at 5 “am.” -M. Ferguson
Email Mark and Todd with thoughts and questions, or to arrange to send in your roasted coffee for review at: