Welcome back to The Exchange, presented by Olam Specialty Coffee, hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey. This is Episode 7 and the second of two episodes on Quality Assurance and cupping for coffee roasters. The conversation includes:
- An Inman rant on language.
- Clear and universal descriptions.
- Vinyl seats and Grandma’s peach tree.
- Cupping language vs. marketing language.
- Sorting mat and defects handbook.
- Moisture meters.
- Color analysis.
- Profiling software.
- Reasonable specifications.
- Water activity.
- Learning and calibrating.
- Importance of cupping with peers.
- Cupping through cooling.
- Everybody can taste.
- Cupping other roasters’ coffees.
- Production cupping vs. tasting.
Also Available on iTunes
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST IF YOU’RE AN ITUNES USER AND/OR FOLLOW OUR PODCAST ON SOUNDCLOUD
The Exchange is Presented by Olam Specialty Coffee
Hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey
Directed by Mike Ferguson
All music is used under Creative Commons:
Opening Theme, Coffee On Ice by Seriousfun | cc-nd cc-nc cc-by
Closing Theme, Summer Coffee by Theo Arnisound | cc-nd cc-nc cc-by
Email Mark and Todd with thoughts and questions, or to arrange to send in your roasted coffee for review at: