Welcome back to The Exchange, presented by Olam Specialty Coffee, hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey. This is Episode 8 and the first of two episodes on green coffee “lingo,” words and acronyms used in the green coffee trade. There are things to learn here for everyone, whether you’re new to coffee or have been roasting for many years. Bullet points for this episode might seem a little cryptic because we don’t want to give away the spin of the wheel by telling you what terms come up, but the conversation includes:
- Whose idea was this anyway?
- One of the favorite parts of our job.
- Important if you’re buying direct trade.
- Where is the warehouse?
- Coffee landing vs. coffee availability.
- Secure your cost of goods.
- One of the greatest tools in your tool shed.
- What you own at any given time.
- Hard working, underappreciated term.
- Todd is worried.
- Feeling it vs. legitimate reasons.
- Better hope that Kenya is that good.
- Long Journey.
- 25 boxes of Annie’s white cheddar mac and cheese.
- Judge and jury.
- Basis for contracts we write.
- Give that thing a wack.
Also Available on iTunes
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST IF YOU’RE AN ITUNES USER AND/OR FOLLOW OUR PODCAST ON SOUNDCLOUD
The Exchange is Presented by Olam Specialty Coffee
Hosted by Mark Inman and Todd Mackey
Directed by Mike Ferguson
All music is used under Creative Commons:
Opening Theme, Coffee by Sean T. Wright | cc-nd cc-nc cc-by
Closing Theme, Coffee Talk by Anitek | cc-nd cc-nc cc-by
Email Mark and Todd with thoughts and questions, or to arrange to send in your roasted coffee for review at: